Posted January 17, 2017
Cardinal seeks a development candidate to be responsible for strategizing, coordinating, and implementing a comprehensive annual development program, along with major and planned gifts, corporate gifts, government and foundation granting, special events fundraising, and the development of other raised revenue opportunities. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Development Director will serve as the primary staff liaison to the Board of Directors on development issues. Working with the board and senior management, the Development Director will develop, coordinate, and attend special fundraising events, oversee donor cultivation and stewardship, and assist with capital fundraising and planned giving initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a track record in annual fund campaigns and special event fundraising programming. The Development Director will work with the Artistic and Managing Directors to advance the institutional profile of the company.
Other Requirements Include
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree
- 2-3 years of experience working as a professional involved with significant goal setting and achievement
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong professional writing skills
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, creativity, maturity and judgment
- Experience with budgets
- A high level of computer proficiency and preferred data base experience
- Detail, goal oriented and highly organized
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Ability to inspire confidence among prospects, donors and volunteers
Position is full-time, salaried. Salary is competitive within the industry and commensurate with experience.
To apply: Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references to Jessika Hane, Board Member and Executive Committee Member, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials due by February 10, 2017.
Cardinal Stage Company is an equal opportunity employer.
We are continuously accepting submissions for set designers, costume designers and light designers – as well as short-term hires for staffing productions, including assistant stage managers, wardrobe, dressers, painters, carpenters, spot ops, etc.
If interested please contact us at email@example.com, Attention: Production Management