THE INTERNATIONAL MUSICAL SENSATION
“Do you hear the people sing?”
Victor Hugo’s impassioned tale of injustice, forgiveness and redemption, features a revolutionary set design and an outstanding live orchestra. Cardinal’s production of Les Miserables promises the best of both worlds at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater: grand spectacle and intimate story telling!
Starring Broadway’s Pat McRoberts (“Chris” in Miss Saigon) and the talents of dozens of local actors, Cardinal’s production will be the best sung Les Miserables in this region’s history!
Age recommendation: 12+
Run time: 2hrs, 50 mins
Show Location: Buskirk-Chumley Theater Buskirk-Chumley Theater
CARDINAL’S S PRODUCTION OF Les Miserables:
- features musical direction by Sue Swaney, artistic director of Voces Novae and musical director of Cardinal’s smash hit My Fair Lady. Sue was also the vocal director for Cardinal’s gorgeously sung production of Next to Normal
- features a terrifically smart set design by Mark Smith (The Whipping Man, My Fair Lady, Lord of the Flies) - rethinking the show for the intimacy of the Buskirk-Chumley Theater
- stars Pat McRoberts. A veteran of Broadways’ Miss Saigon, Pat is a Jean Valjean veteran, having performed the role at several Regional theaters across the country. Cardinal is delighted to welcome Pat to Bloomington!
- features IU Jacob School of Music graduates Scott Hogsed and Amanda Biggs in the roles of Javert and Fantine
- features recent bfa musical theatre graduate Hannah Slabagh as Eponine. Hannah also played Natalie in Cardinal’s production of Next to Normal
- features Cincinnati Conservatory of Music senior Eric Geil as Enjolras
- features IU theatre student John Putz as Marius and Jacob School of Music vocal student Jordan Goodmon as Cosette