The Legend of Georgia McBride is “a highly entertaining, genuine crowd-pleaser!” It’s the story of a talented, but broke Elvis impersonator who discovers his true calling when a seasoned drag queen brings her show to town. Trade in your sequin jumpsuit for a fabulous sequin dress in this fierce, fabulous, “drag” of a show!
“A funny and often glorious tribute to the art of drag…a barrelful of fun!” – Variety
“A raucous comedy filled with music, snappy zingers, and a unique brand of glamour.” – Huffington Post
CARDINAL’S PRODUCTION OF THE LEGEND OF GEORGIA MCBRIDE…
- raises funds for Bloomington PRIDE! Tip the drag queens during the performance and all tips will be donated to Bloomington PRIDE to help fund their programs such as the Prism Youth Community, the Aging & Caring Network, and community education events.
- is directed by highly acclaimed Chicago-based director Joanie Shultz. Her recent work includes productions at The Goodman Theatre, Steppenwolf Theatre, Victory Gardens Theater, The Cleveland Play House, Kansas City Repertory Theatre, and many more. Click here to read her bio.
- stars Chicago-based actor Will Mobley in his Cardinal Stage debut as Casey, the determined Elvis impersonator and fabulous drag queen.
- features Chicago-based actors Melody Louisdhon and Aaron Holland, and LA-based actor Armand Fields in their Cardinal Stage debuts.
- features Bloomington’s own and Cardinal Stage veteran Mike Price as Eddie, the Panama City bar owner who invites the drag queens to town in hopes of saving his beloved bar.
- with sequined filled jumpsuits and fabulously complex costumes by returning designer Johna Sewell (Mary Poppins, Baskerville, Oliver!).