Play an indispensable role in supporting the performing arts by investing in the future of Cardinal Stage Company with a planned gift through your estate or will. The extraordinary generosity and foresight helps to ensure that audiences will continue to enjoy Cardinal performances for generations to come.
Making a gift through your will or trust is an easy, tax-efficient way to help support the mission of Cardinal Stage Company for many years to come. A bequest to Cardinal can be made for a specific amount, for a percentage of your estate or even for a portion of what remains of your estate once your bequests to family and friends have been fulfilled. Your gift costs you nothing now, and you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that your support for theatrical art at Cardinal Stage Company will echo into the future.
Including a gift to Cardinal Stage Company in your will – also known as a Charitable Bequest – offers a number of benefits to you and your family:
Just a few sentences in your will or trust are all that is needed. The official bequest language for Cardinal Stage Company is: “I, [name], of [city, state, zip], give and bequeath to Cardinal Stage Company, tax identification number 20-5837886 , located in Bloomington, IN, $_______ (or state a percentage of your estate, or describe real or personal property, including exact location) for its unrestricted use and purpose.”
Because you are not making the gift until after your lifetime, you can change your mind at any time.
You can structure the bequest to leave a specific item or amount of money, make the gift contingent on certain events, or leave a percentage of your estate to Cardinal.
If your estate is subject to estate tax, your gift is entitled to an estate tax charitable deduction for the gift’s full value.
Completing Your Gift
To include Cardinal Stage Company in your will or trust, simply follow these four easy steps.
1. Choose What to Give
• A General Bequest gives Cardinal a stated sum of money. If there is insufficient cash in your estate to cover the bequest, other assets will be sold for cash to honor your wishes.
• A Specific Bequest gives Cardinal a particular piece of property.
• A Residuary Bequest gives the “rest, residue and remainder” of your estate, or more commonly, a percentage of the residue after all other bequests, debts and taxes have been paid.
• A Contingent Bequest requires a certain event to occur before the gift can happen. For example, you could bequeath funds to a family member provided that person survives you; if not, the funds would then go to Cardinal Stage Company.
2. Decide how you would like Cardinal Stage Company to use your gift.
Choose from one of the following three options.
• An Unrestricted Bequest allows Cardinal to use the assets in the most beneficial way possible.
• A Restricted Bequest allows you to support specific needs such as artistic initiatives, education programs, capital improvements, or leadership retention.
• An Endowed Request allows you to restrict the principal of your gift so Cardinal can use only a small portion each year, allowing the fund to last forever.
3. Add Cardinal Stage Company to your Will.
The official bequest language for Cardinal Stage Company is: “I, [name], of [city, state, zip], give and bequeath to Cardinal Stage Company, tax identification number 20-5837886 , located in Bloomington, IN, $_______ (or state a percentage of your estate, or describe real or personal property, including exact location) for its unrestricted use and purpose.”
4. Let us know of your plans.
Please contact Managing Director Gabe Gloden at 812-336-7110 or firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know when you have made plans for a planned gift. We would love the opportunity to thank you for your generous act. We are happy to honor your wishes regarding anonymity.